6 December 2017 Brussels
Launch Event projects FAIRWAY and WaterProtect: New solutions to protect our drinking water resources against nitrate and pesticide pollution
Diffuse pollution of nitrogen and pesticides from agriculture is the main obstacle to meet the drinking water quality targets set by European Directives. FAIRWAY and WaterProtect, two projects that recently started under the EU Research and Innovation programme Horizon 2020. will identify and develop innovative participation and governance strategies and promote the most appropriate mitigation measures in 20 case studies spread across 15 EU member states.
On the 6th of December, WaterProtect and FAIRWAY organize a launch meeting for policy makers and stakeholders to date with the latest insights about this challenging problem and to discover the approach and the aims of both projects.
MORNING SESSION (9 – 12 P.M):
- Short introduction by Arantza Uriarte-Iraola from the Research Executive Agency (REA)
- Vision and expectations from EU policy perspective by Claudia MURESAN (DG AGRI)
- The water and agri innovators’ perspective and the multi actor approach
- Project FAIRWAY by Gerard Velthof, coordinator FAIRWAY)
- Project WaterProtect by Piet Seuntjens, coordinator WaterProtect
THIS SESSION IS FOLLOWED BY A LUNCH (12 – 13 P.M.)
FAIRWAY WORKSHOP (13 – 16 p.m.)
The launch meeting will be followed in the afternoon by a workshop of the FAIRWAY project on identifying barriers and issues in integrating scientific support for EU policy by actors at EU level. For more information www.fairway-project.eu
There is a maximum of 60 participants.